Is it seriously only 10:00 a.m. and when is nap-time? I have been staying up entirely too late - I like to go to bed early - VERY early! Working too many nights at Longhorn gets my schedule confused.
So, I am having a minor dilemma and could use your help! Obviously, I have resolved to give something away everyday this year and I'm super excited about it. . . but here's the problem:
Sometimes, what I'm giving away - I would have given away anyway even if it wasn't my resolution. For example, tonight - I'm taking dinner to a sweet sweet friend of mine. . . she has hurt her back and is in bed for a week. Well, I would have done that anyway - so, should I give something else away today? And can time be something that I give away? For instance, in a couple weeks, I intend to do a "couponing" class for my friends at work - does that count as giving something away? I need more defined rules for this resolution. . or do I?
Why am I so compulsive?!?! UGH - I have issues (another blog on that later)
Back to what I'm giving away today - Yummy Southwestern Beef and Bean Burgers
- 12 ounce(s) 93%-lean ground beef
- 1 cup(s) refried beans
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup(s) prepared salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 cup(s) shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 lime
- Position oven rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler. Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray
- Gently combine ground beef, beans, cilantro and jalapenos in a medium bowl (do not overmix). Shape into four 5-by-2-inch oblong patties and place on the prepared pan.
- Broil the patties until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 165 degrees F, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash together avocado, salsa and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Place tortillas on a clean work surface. Spread each with the guacamole, then sprinkle with lettuce and cheese. Top each with a burger and roll into a wrap. Serve immediately, with lime wedges.