BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

January 5, 2011

New Year's Resolution. . ...

Ok, so here is my story!  I started this blog in October. .  with huge intentions!  One day around mid-November...I was going to make a post and I'm so technologically advanced, I couldn't even FIND my blog!!  That's how awesome I am!  So I was going to make ANOTHER blog and when I used my google sign in - FOUND this one!!  SO HOPEFULLY, from here on out - I can keep up with this thing!


I'm new to blogging - I don't know how or even why, but I do know I'm addicted to a few blogs and I hope I'm cool enough that you'll be addicted to mine but MOSTLY that you'll be addicted to my New Year's Resolution. 

Now don't go thinking I'm a super - genius. . I stole this resolution from a friend of mine. . . she is much more . . . well EVERYTHING than I am!  She's more compassionate, loving, tender, sweet and gentle than I am and she also loves Jesus more than me, I'm sure!  But I caught her vision, and as I prayed for a REALLY great resolution that wasn't so SELF absorbed (eg. losing weight, more this more that bla bla bla), I just kept coming back to hers!



GIVE SOMETHING AWAY EVERYDAY FOR A YEAR!!!!


Not a mistake - that's the resolution!  


Right now, I'm super excited about it - I am thinking, conjuring, planning. . . I wonder if I'll be this excited come June....I hope so but if I'm not excited - I hope I at least keep the commitment!  Only through the love of Christ can I do it!


So - I didn't start until Monday which was the 3rd but here's what I have so far:


Monday - took about 25-30 clipped Chick-Fil-A coupons to work and gave them to my friends there - you don't have to buy anything to use the coupons


Tuesday - Gave away supper (that I cooked) at our church's Celebrate Recovery ministry


Today - Giving a bag of groceries to a lady on Freecycle who listed that she didn't have any food!


I pray that this isn't about ME at all but about those friends I'll make this year and bless!!!

1 comments:

Bowmanh23 said...

You brought tears to my eyes with this! Girl, that is so humbling! You have such an awesome ministry and are so bold. I know that you are going to do phenomenal things! I wish I had more of your boldness! Love you!