BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

January 7, 2011

What's in a name?

I have a lot I want to say today.. . but I hear the sound of "I want out" by an extremely cute 2 year old who still sleeps in a pack n' play b/c I am entirely too lazy to fight with him every sleep time about staying in his big boy bed. . . .

All that to say that the name of my blog "controlled chaos" is a revealing insight into my life - especially today!  First, I am getting dressed and taking the big girl to school - leaving straight from there to go couponing (I'll give you an update on how I did later) and then going to job #1 for 8 hours before going to job #2 for 6 or 7 hours. . . . Somewhere in there, I want to finish up my BSF lesson, eat breakfast and lunch in a somewhat healthy manner and call a couple folks I've wanted to catch up with!!!





But here is a quick thought:  Have you ever heard somebody say "girl, you have issues. .. "  What does that mean?  I live in a life full of people going through Recovery of some sort, and we always talk about "issues". . . . What does that mean?  Just a little hint:  I believe that God has revealed to me that every "issue" is just an idol. . . . . chew on that for today - I'll post more tomorrow!!!

My give away today:  NOT ENTIRELY SURE - I have a lot of running around to do - I'm thinking I'm going to pay for the car behind me when I run through Chick-Fil-A to get my free grilled chicken salad for lunch......Or maybe pay for the persons behind me groceries (if they don't have like $400.00 worth) -- If all else fails, I'm going to make something great for my peeps at work tonight!!!

LAST THING!! I saw this on somebody's Facebook and I replied but wanted to move the love to my blog - The first 5 people to leave a comment here are going to receive something handmade from me. .  please note:  note HOMEMADE but handmade - there is a difference!!!  I will have 3 months to finish it ... . if you live far, I'll ship!!  These will be my daily gifts for whenever I finish them!!

YAY - that's my day . . . . .a day of controlled chaos!

5 comments:

Teri Kutsch said...

I would love something handmade from my Mandy!!!
I hope you have a great day!!
Love ya
Teri

Jennifer said...

Girl, I LOVE the title of your blog. I have felt that way ever since my first baby learned to walk in 2001! But it is so worth it.
And let me tell you, I am very impressed by your resolution. I know you will bless a lot of people and in turn be blessed and renewed yourself.
(oh, and my favorite color is red and I love black & white art.... just in case you really want to personalize that handmade something ;) hee. hee. just kidding! Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

Jill said...

Glad I found you in the blogging world. I've enjoyed reading your thoughts and I completely understand controlled chaos. What mother doesn't live that life everyday? By the way I think it is awesome the give away something a day idea you're going for. Good luck keeping it up!

Bowmanh23 said...

Hey! I am so glad I am one of the five. I still remember that french toast you made me! Fabulous!

Robert and Carmen said...

Sounds like a busy day - don't know how you do it with 3 little ones! Hope it was a good one.
Carmen