BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

January 10, 2011

A Week of Giving Away

Last Monday, I decided what my resolution would be. . . to give something away everyday!  I have lost a little steam since then. . . not b/c I'm not still very excited about the idea but just because, like everything else, life gets in the way.  Kids need stuff and bills need to be paid. I've kept up with it so far. .  it has helped that so many of you have taken interest and want to know what it is!  It kinda keeps me accountable.


Today, my family has played in the snow ALLLLLLLLLL DAYYY LONNG!  I'm loooovin' it - we rarely just get to play - 


I gave two things away today:  1) we went over to our neighbors house to play and I took a whole crock pot of homemade hot chocolate - it was DELICIOUS!! 



Ingredients

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa

Dash salt

1/3 cup hot water

4 cups (1 qt.) milk

3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Miniature marshmallows or sweetened whipped cream (optional)

Directions

  1.  Stir together sugar, cocoa and salt in medium saucepan; stir in water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir 2 minutes. Add milk; stirring constantly, heat to serving temperature. Do Not Boil.
  2.  Beat with rotary beater or whisk until foamy. Serve topped with marshmallows or whipped cream, if desired. Five 8-oz. servings.

    VARIATIONS: Add one of the following with the vanilla extract:


    MINT COCOA: 1/2 teaspoon mint extract OR 3 tablespoons crushed hard peppermint candy OR 2 to 3 tablespoons white creme de menthe. Serve with peppermint candy stick, if desired.

    SWISS MOCHA: 2 to 2-1/2 teaspoons powdered instant coffee.

    COCOA AU LAIT: Omit marshmallows or whipped cream. Spoon 2 tablespoons softened vanilla ice cream on top of each cup of cocoa at serving time.

    SLIM-TRIM COCOA: Omit sugar. Combine cocoa, salt and water; substitute nonfat milk. Proceed as above. With vanilla, stir in sugar substitute with sweetening equivalence of 1/2 cup sugar.


    MICROWAVE SINGLE SERVING: Combine 1 heaping teaspoon HERSHEY'S Cocoa, 2 heaping teaspoons sugar and dash salt in microwave-safe cup or mug. Add 2 teaspoons cold milk; stir until smooth. Fill cup with milk. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until hot. Stir to blend; serve.



The second thing I gave away was a whole day dedicated to playing with the kids. . > I NEVER EVER do that. . . I'm always cleaning, facebooking, paying bills, doing this, shopping, going by the bank, doing that. . . Whatever. . . This morning, I told myself that I was going to devote this entire day to having a fun day. . I can tell that Macie really enjoyed it!  


Right now - the chili is simmering, the sweet tea is ready and we're settling in for jammies and a movie! 


Hope all my Georgia friends are being safe and having a blast!!

0 comments: